BTO approach to science
BTO is a world-leading institution whose reputation rests on the quality of its data and the rigour of analysis. A key strength of BTO is in the way it combines and integrates the efforts of its volunteers and scientists to provide results and information that has real impact.
As an organisation we are:
- Inclusive and supportive
- Collaborative and open to new ideas
We work hard to ensure the high quality of BTO data and we are committed to sharing data to maximise research potential and impact. We are committed to working towards our data being FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable). How we do this is detailed in the following documents on our website:
- BTO Policy on Data and Information
- Quality of BTO data
- BTO Statement of Data Verification and Validation Procedures
We expect our scientists to uphold the highest scientific standards and ensure their work is of high quality, by following:
- BTO Code of Good Scientific Practice which includes -
- Statement of BTO Quality Management Process
- BTO Scheme Quality Assurance
BTO’s role in the People’s Plan for Nature
BTO’s CEO Juliet Vickery explains how our new strategy will contribute to this ambitious call to action.
Share this page