The BTO Regional Network
Volunteers sit at the very heart of the BTO and some of our most skilled and committed volunteers contribute to our work as part of the BTO Regional Network. Regional Representatives are responsible for at least one of 125 regions of the UK, within which they communicate with members and recruit and organise volunteer bird recorders.
In many cases Regional Representatives are assisted in their tasks by Assistant Regional Representatives and/or Regional Development Officers. Our Regional Representatives and their helpers are a diverse range of people, united by their love of birds and bird recording.
Regional Representatives are volunteers who act on behalf of the BTO.
Their main areas of responsibility are:
- Organising and co-ordination of BTO surveys at local level through the network of BTO members and other volunteer fieldworkers
- First point of contact with BTO members and survey volunteers
- Liaison with local bird clubs and similar groups
- Recruitment of new survey volunteers at local level
- Recruitment of BTO members
If you are would like to get involved in surveys in your area then please take a look at our list of BTO regions and their respective Regional Representative to make contact with. Alternatively, you are welcome dawn.balmer [at] bto.org (to contact the BTO directly).
Would you like to become a Regional Representative?
We have vacant posts in Lancashire (South), Essex (North East) and Borders. If you are interested, please contact Dawn Balmer dawn.balmer [at] bto.org (by email) or by phoning 01842 750050.