Bird Survey Techniques for Professional Ecologists
- Nick Moran, David Jarrett
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 09:00 to Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 17:00
- Fully booked
Bespoke training, tailored to the needs of the ecological / environmental professional
A 2-day certificated* training course in bird survey techniques and their applications, involving indoor taught theory and outdoor practical sessions covering:
- Overview of BTO surveys
- Scoping and data sources
- Distance sampling methodology and analysis – point counts and transects
- Territory mapping methodology and analysis
- Survey selection, design and set-up
- Application of ornithological methods to the EIA process
Numbers are limited to a maximum of 16. There will be a minimum of 2 expert trainers with the group, maintaining a high trainer-to-participant ratio.
*On completion of the 2-day course, a certificate of attendance is issued. The course does not carry external accreditation nor does it involve any formal assessment, though we provide guidance and feedback throughout the various interactive elements.
For more details about this course, please visit the Professional Courses page.