Skills and techniques for the Wetland Bird Survey (1-day, Craignure, Mull)
- Ben Darvill
Sunday, November 10, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
- Fully booked
Learn and practise wetland bird ID skills and methods for the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS)
Improve your wetland bird identification skills and build confidence. Learn how you can put your skills to good use through the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS). The day will combine indoor and outdoor sessions and focus on improving confidence and skills to encourage participation in WeBS.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- Confidence in identifying wetland species.
- Guidance on key features to look at to aid identification.
- An understanding of how to carry out WeBS counts.
- Advice on counting flocks of birds.
- The opportunity to develop the field skills required for WeBS counts.
This course is specifically targeted to increase WeBS coverage in Scotland, hence we are able to offer it at a subsidised rate of £10 per person.
Refreshments are provided; please bring a packed lunch.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place please email anne.cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.