This page contains details of the survey instructions and recording forms which will be provided for the survey, so that data can be recorded in the field and subsequently summarised before returning to BTO HQ.
Survey plot maps
Survey maps will be provided for each plot once access permission has been received from the landowner.
Essential survey documents
- Survey Instructions (PDF, 1.00 MB)
- Habitat Recording Form (PDF, 689.98 KB)
- Bird and Mammal Summary Sheet (PDF, 475.93 KB)
- Letter of Introduction (PDF, 523.91 KB)
- Tree Identification Guide (PDF, 4.40 MB)
- Excel file for data entry (XLSX, 16.17 KB)
Additional supporting documents
- Ticks and Lyme disease leaflet (PDF, 462.19 KB)
- Health and safety for BTO fieldworkers (PDF, 344.64 KB)
For addition help with tree identification, please see the Woodland Trust Guide to British Trees.