The Preferences menu provides you wih options to customise the layout of the data entry pages. To access the page, simply log in via the global portal and then click on 'My preferences'. There are several sub-menus on this page:
- Your details: In this section you can update your email address. Please do keep this current as it allows you to receive the password reminder email in case you forget your log-in details. Updating your email here also updates it for other BTO online applications.
- Data entry preferences: Here you can set various preferences how the data entry pages are displayed.
- Default species order: Here you can choose how the species lists are displayed in BirdTrack (either taxonomically or alphabetically).
- Record entry method: This option allows you to choose whether a Checklist is displayed or a simple single species entry form.
- List page column: Choose whether you prefer to see species lists displayed across one or two columns on the data entry page.
- List page layout: Here you can choose whether species are displayed horizontally or vertivcally on the species list page.
- Site list order: Choose whether you want sites listed alphabetically or by most visited.
- Map page preferences: In this submenu you can select what area is shown on the map when you log in to BirdTrack.
- Public visibility: This allows you to choose whether your name is displayed with sightings in public outputs in BirdTrack. If you untick this option, all records will be shown as being logged by 'Anonymous'. When adding a name, please do not pseudonyms as we encourage users to ahve their real associated with sightings. Preferred options are either full name, or initial and last name.
Unlocking the science to reveal the state of nature
David Noble takes a sober look at the latest State of Nature Report.
What effect might annual releases of non-native gamebirds be having on native biodiversity?
Henrietta Pringle reveals the work behind a recent paper on gamebirds and predation