Winter bird ID and WeBS (1-day, Darts Farm Topsham, Devon)
- Matt Collis
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 10:00 to 16:00
- A few places left
Improve your winter bird ID skills and discover the Wetland Bird Survey on this 1-day course.
Improve your winter bird ID skills and learn about the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) on this 1-day course for relative beginners and improvers. With a focus on waterfowl and waders, discover more about our winter birds in this excellent spot for winter birding. Expect a combination of indoor sessions covering the basics of bird identification and outdoor sessions to build your confidence in the field.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the birds you can expect to see in the UK in winter, and the habitats in which to look for them.
- Identification pointers for a range of common winter birds by sight.
- Specific guidance on how to distinguish between similar-looking winter waterfowl and waders.
- Opportunity to practice your ID skills
- An introduction to the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) and how to take part.
This 1-day course costs £60. The price includes teaching, course materials and refreshments during the day. Please bring a packed lunch.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.