The Chris Mead Library
The BTO CHRIS MEAD LIBRARY is housed at the BTO headquarters in Thetford, in what was the Chapel of the old Nunnery.
Whilst primarily for the use of staff and members, non-members are very welcome to use it for research purposes.
It is open during office hours (9am-5pm weekdays), when visitors are welcome, but please call or email first if possible to ensure someone will be available to help you if required.
The Librarian's normal working hours are 9am-3pm, Monday to Thursday.
If it is inconvenient for you to visit personally, BTO members may
borrow books by post, and copies of papers can be supplied electronically or by post.
Non-members may also request copies.
Please contact the librarian with your enquiries.
For full details about use of the Library and its services, please refer to:
Using the BTO Chris Mead Library
. CATALOGUES UPDATED February 2015
. ONLINE RESOURCES - amendments:
. SCIENCE ADVANCES - a new open access journal from the AAAS (publisher of 'SCIENCE')
. THE AUK and THE CONDOR now fully open access, 2000 to 2013
. REMOTE SENSING IN ECOLOGY & CONSERVATION
- new Open Access journal from Wiley
- Catalogue - browse the catalogue to see what the library holds.
- Recent Acquisitions - new books received in the Library.
- Online Resources - list to help you find useful OPEN ACCESS journals and other information.
- BTO Archives - including survey information, along with historical and personal papers.
- BirdFacts - information on individual species, including details of relevant publications.
Please address all correspondence, and return all borrowed items, to:
The Librarian (Carole Showell)
British Trust for Ornithology
Norfolk IP24 2PU
Email : library [at] bto [dot] org
Tel. 01842 750050
Fax. 01842 750030