The Chris Mead Library
The CHRIS MEAD LIBRARY is housed at the BTO headquarters in Thetford, in what was the Chapel of the old Nunnery. It is primarily for the use of staff and members, but non-members are very welcome to use it for research purposes. Please contact the librarian with your enquiries.
You may visit in person during office hours (9am - 5pm weekdays), but please ring first if possible to ensure someone will be available to help you if required. The Librarian's normal working hours are 9am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday.
If it is inconvenient for you to visit personally, BTO members may borrow books by post, and copies of papers can be supplied at a nominal charge (non-members may also request copies). Full details about use of the Library are available (PDF).
NEW in 2014
. 7 January
The AUK & The CONDOR : updated links to open access content of these journals added to ONLINE RESOURCES
. 16 January
Recent Acquisitions updated
. 23 January
Link to LIMOSA (Dutch Ornithological Union journal) added to ONLINE RESOURCES
. 3 February
Link to the WWT journal WILDFOWL added to ONLINE RESOURCES
Access the library's resources
- Catalogue - browse the catalogue to see what the library holds
- Recent Acquisitions - new books received in the Library
- Online Resources - list to help you find useful OPEN ACCESS journals and other information.
- BTO Archives - including survey information, along with historical and personal papers.
- BirdFacts - information on individual species, including details of relevant publications
Please address all correspondence, and return all borrowed items, to:
The Librarian (Carole Showell)
British Trust for Ornithology
Norfolk IP24 2PU
Email : library [at] bto [dot] org
Tel. 01842 750050
Fax. 01842 750030