The BTO CHRIS MEAD LIBRARY is housed at the BTO headquarters in Thetford, in what was the Chapel of the old Nunnery.
Whilst primarily for the use of staff and members, non-members are very welcome to use it for research purposes.
It is open during office hours (9am-5pm weekdays), when visitors are welcome, but please call or email first if possible to ensure someone will be available to help you if required.
The Librarian's normal working hours are 9am-4pm, Monday to Thursday.
If it is inconvenient for you to visit personally, BTO members may
borrow books by post, and copies of papers can be supplied electronically or by post.
Non-members may also request copies.
Please contact the librarian with your enquiries.
For full details about use of the Library and its services, please refer to:
Using the BTO Chris Mead Library
. NEW ACQUISITIONS - 18 November 2015
. CATALOGUES UPDATED - 26 January 2016
. ONLINE RESOURCES - amendments:
. 'ACCESS TO RESEARCH' - link to resources available to all through public libraries - added 11/01/16
. ORNIS SVECICA access information updated 05/01/16
. SEA SWALLOW(Royal Naval Bird Watching Society) added 30/11/15
. NEW SCIENTIST archive 1956-1989 (GoogleBooks)
- Catalogue - browse the catalogue to see what the library holds.
- Recent Acquisitions - new books received in the Library.
- Online Resources - list to help you find useful OPEN ACCESS journals and other information.
- BTO Archives - including survey information, along with historical and personal papers.
- BirdFacts - information on individual species, including details of relevant publications.
Please address all correspondence, and return all borrowed items, to:
The Librarian (Carole Showell)
British Trust for Ornithology
Norfolk IP24 2PU
Email : library [at] bto.org
Tel. 01842 750050
Fax. 01842 750030