The Chris Mead Library
The CHRIS MEAD LIBRARY is housed at the BTO headquarters in Thetford, in what was the Chapel of the old Nunnery. It is primarily for the use of staff and members, but non-members are very welcome to use it for research purposes. Please contact the librarian with your enquiries.
You may visit in person during office hours (9am - 5pm weekdays), but please ring first if possible to ensure someone will be available to help you if required. The Librarian's normal working hours are 9am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday.
If it is inconvenient for you to visit personally, BTO members may borrow books by post, and copies of papers can be supplied (non-members may also request copies).
Full details about use of the Library are available here.
. Library catalogues updated on 20 November 2014
. New links added to JOURNALS in ONLINE RESOURCES:
. The Wildlife Trust of South & West Wales - Reports, 2010 on
. THE ADJUTANT - Journal of the Army Ornithological Society
. REMOTE SENSING IN ECOLOGY & CONSERVATION - new Open Access journal from Wiley
Access the library's resources
- Catalogue - browse the catalogue to see what the library holds
- Recent Acquisitions - new books received in the Library
- Online Resources - list to help you find useful OPEN ACCESS journals and other information.
- BTO Archives - including survey information, along with historical and personal papers.
- BirdFacts - information on individual species, including details of relevant publications
Please address all correspondence, and return all borrowed items, to:
The Librarian (Carole Showell)
British Trust for Ornithology
Norfolk IP24 2PU
Email : library [at] bto [dot] org
Tel. 01842 750050
Fax. 01842 750030