Nightingales: A Celebration CD
Buy the Nightingale CD
If you don't already own a copy of 'Nightingales: A Celebration' CD it has now being re-released to raise funds for the Nightingale Appeal. These historic and modern recordings of Nightingale song are a fabulous listen for fans of the Nightingale. Nightingales: A Celebration is a remastered, full-length CD which contains high-quality modern and historic recordings of the species’ distinctive song.
The recordings include
- Beatrice Harrison and her cello accompanied by a Nightingale, which was the first ever live outside BBC broadcast and the first BBC broadcast of a wild bird, indeed any wild animal.
- Nightingales and RAF bombers from 1942 which was recorded by the BBC and
- Carl Reich's recording of a captive bird in 1910
You can purchase your copy for only £10, plus p&p by:
- Order online from BTO sales (Standard p&p £3.95)
- Calling the Fundraising Team on 01842 750050 and make a card payment OR
- Sending a cheque for £12.50 (p&p £2.50), made payable to ‘British Trust for Ornithology’ to: Nightingale CD, BTO, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2PU.
The CD was first released in 1998 and was reissued in 2009 to raise money for the BTO’s Nightingale Appeal.
Unlocking the science to reveal the state of nature
David Noble takes a sober look at the latest State of Nature Report.
What effect might annual releases of non-native gamebirds be having on native biodiversity?
Henrietta Pringle reveals the work behind a recent paper on gamebirds and predation