Our Spring Raffle has now closed and the the winning tickets have been drawn. Winners are in the process of being contacted. The winning ticket numbers are:
First Prize: A guided birdwatching week for two in western Spain with Extremadura Birding- 1078612, won by Mr Gordon of Farnborough.
Second prize: £750 cash - 1199867, won by Ms Clamp of North Yorkshire.
Third Prizes: Five x £100 gift packages of high quality products to be selected by each winner from the Ark Wiildlife - 1057272 (Mr Collingwood of Shropshire), 1090258 (Mrs Goss of Cardiff), 1396083, 1408809 (Mrs Thomas of Carmarthenshire) and 2003501 (Mr Hayward of Redditch).
Thanks to the generosity of all who took part and entered the raffle or made donations, almost £42,000 (£41,950.20 to be exact!) has been raised, the proceeds of which will fund for our vital research and monitoring of Britain’s bird populations.
The raffle was open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) and you must be over 16 to play.
Early bird ticket draw results
The winning early bird prize draw tickets have been selected from those entries submitted before 28 February and the winning ticket numbers are: 1126501, 1173331, 1205185, 1394780 and 2002228. Winners have been informed and each received £50.
Tickets were sent directly to members of BTO and its Garden BirdWatch scheme, or those who have previously played the raffle or made donations to BTO in the last three years, who live in England, Scotland or Wales, and have not opted out of receiving these. The closing date was 29 March 2018. Late entries will be treated as a donation.
Full information on the prizes
First Prize: A guided birdwatching week for two in western Spain with Extremadura Birding.
We are delighted that Extremadura Birding will again be providing a week of bird-watching for two people as the top prize for the BTO Raffle in 2018. The lucky winners from 2015 had a fabulous time.
Extremadura Birding was set up by a lifelong birdwatcher and BTO member to offer superb bird-watching opportunities throughout the year. Tours for small groups of up to 6 people are led by skilled local experts to provide a very special, personal birding experience.
The winners will enjoy an 8-day stay including flights to Madrid and transfers to/from the airport with 6 full days in the field, staying in hotel or casa rural ensuite twin rooms, full board with picnic or restaurant lunches.
Extremadura is a vast, sparsely populated area with great habitat diversity located on one of the major European migration routes. It contains the highest concentration of designated Important Bird Areas (IBA) in Europe and a wide range of species may be observed at different
seasons, including Great Bustard, Sandgrouse, Spanish Imperial Eagle
and Roller, as well as a wonderful range of butterflies and reptiles.
The first-prize winners from 2015, said: We can’t thank William, Ana and Juan Pablo enough for their great generosity and a marvellous holiday and most warmly recommend them to anyone wishing to see birds in that remarkable area.
Thank you very much Extremadura Birding for donating this marvellous prize.
Second Prize: £750 cash to spend how you wish.
Third Prizes: 5 x £100 gift vouchers for the purchase of high quality garden wildlife products from Ark Wildlife.
Five lucky people will each receive a £100 gift voucher from Ark Wildlife to choose from their complete range of high quality products.
As the name suggests, Ark Wildlife is a company with a real passion for wildlife, and for helping people to connect more closely with nature through their gardens. When long-time BTO supporter Sean McMenemy started his landscaping business in 1991, little did he know what a huge impact he was to make on the world of bird feeding and garden wildlife over the next 26 years.
The company is now one of the UK’s largest independent online suppliers of bird food and garden wildlife products. Ark Wildlife offers the convenience of mail order with the caring, helpful touch of a specialist shop. Their expertise lies in carefully selecting natural food and products that offer significant benefit to wildlife, provided by a workforce able to give advice and arrange speedy delivery with the type of customer service only true enthusiasm for your subject can bring.
Ark Wildlife was born out of Sean constantly receiving requests for advice on wildlife gardening and high-quality bird food from his clients. Discovering a shortfall in the market of quality food, knowledge and good service Sean realised the only way forward was to create his own natural, nutritious range of wildlife food and combine it with well-informed and responsive customer service.
The BTO would like to thank Ark Wildlife for offering this lovely prize to five winners.
Thank you for taking part and supporting the work of the BTO.
- The closing date of the raffle was 11.59 pm on 29 March 2018 and the draw will take place on 6 April 2018.
- Players had to be aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the BTO Raffle.
- The Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
- Any person who enters the BTO Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The seven winners will be notified in writing and a list of winning numbers will be provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry was £1.
- There were no cash alternatives to the non-cash prizes and no interest is payable.
- No cancellations or refunds were offered for raffle tickets.
- Tickets could not be sold in the street.
- The contractual terms of the lottery and complaints procedure are available to participants on request and are also available here:
- Raffle Rules 2018 (DOCX, 24.50 KB)
- Raffle Policy 2018 (DOCX, 41.43 KB)
Read our website terms and conditions, which include additional policies relating to purchases.
We accept the following credit and debit cards for orders: