Take part in the BTO Winter Raffle 2016 and help raise vital funds to help us look out for birds, now and in the future.
By taking part you could be in with a chance to win one of these fabulous prizes:
- 1st Prize: £1000 in cash
- 2nd Prize: A selection of UK designed and manufactured nest boxes with a fully equipped moth trap, worth over £500, from The Nestbox Company
- 3rd Prize: 5 x £100 gift cards for Ultiva bird food from GardenBird
BTO Members and Garden BirdWatchers will receive tickets through the post along with their winter magazines. Return these with the reply slip by post or enter online - whichever is easiest.
The deadline for entry is 1 March 2017. The draw will take place on 7 March 2017.
Last year you helped raise over £33,000 for the BTO. Thank you for your support again this year and good luck!
Full information on the prizes
First Prize: £1000 cash prize
The first prize winner will receive a cheque for £1000 to spend how they wish.
Second Prize: A marvellous selection of UK designed and manufactured nest boxes with a fully equipped moth trap, worth over £500, from The Nestbox Company.
The selection includes items from their Eco series of boxes manufactured from recycled plastic, as well as a mix of established and newly launched products made from wood:
The Nestbox Company is one of the largest producers of roost and nest boxes in the UK. It’s a family run business which has been producing nest boxes for wildlife professionals and the public for over 15 years in their own rural workshops, combining modern production technology with traditional hand finishing. The company aims to provide the best accommodation for wildlife by designing appropriately for their target species, replicating as far as possible the conditions which are found in natural nest and roost sites, in consultation with wildlife specialists.
We’d like to thank The Nestbox Company for generously providing such a lovely prize.
Third Prize x 5 : £100 gift cards, to be redeemed for Ultiva® bird food via the GardenBird website
Ultiva® is a trusted and complete series of quality bird food mixes available only from GardenBird. Carefully formulated to provide nutritional enrichment, Ultiva® bird food features a balance of safe and effective ingredients, developed in accordance with strict BSA regulations, meaning your garden birds receive the very best food available.
GardenBird is a supplier of quality garden bird food and supplies which was founded in 1994 in the small country town of Wem in Shropshire. Today they are one of the UK’s largest specialist suppliers of wild bird-related products by mail order. Recognising the dangerously falling populations of many of our best-loved garden birds they aim to bring us closer to nature while giving a helping hand. What better way to help than to provide highly nutritious, quality food which encourages garden birds to come back time and again?
We’d like to thank GardenBird for helping five lucky winners to offer Ultiva® to their garden visitors.
Thank you for taking part and supporting the work of the BTO.
- The closing date of the raffle is 1 March 2017 and the draw will take place on 7 March 2017.
- Applications had to be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age was allowed by law to enter the BTO Raffle.
- Any person who had entered BTO Raffle who was under 16 years old will have automatically forfeited any prize and would be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The seven winners were notified by email, telephone or letter and a list of winning numbers provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserved the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry was £1.
- There were no cash alternatives to the non-cash prizes and no interest is payable.
- Tickets could not be sold in the street.
- The contractual terms of the lottery and complaints procedure were made available to participants on request and are also available here: Raffle rules 2016 (DOCX, 20.43 KB) Raffle policies.doc (DOCX, 40.06 KB)