Welcome to the BBS Online guidance page.
Before you can enter data online, your Regional Organiser (RO) needs to have allocated your BBS square/s to your username.
- If you haven't been allocated a square, contact your Regional Organiser.
- If you don't have a BTO username and password, register to begin using BBS Online.
- If you have a username and password, and your RO has allocated the square to you online, but you still can't log in, email bbs [at] bto.org for help.
BBS Online video tutorials
View our tutorials on mapping your route and entering data. Select the title overlaying the video to view on Youtube.
1. Mapping and editing your route
2. Entering and editing your data
Understanding Curlew populations in Wales
Several tracking projects combine to determine the migration routes, wintering locations and breeding season movements of Welsh Curlew.
What’s the score for Copeland’s symphony of seabirds?
Northern Ireland Seabird Coordinator Katherine Booth Jones describes her love for the wild coastal habitats of Northern Ireland and the charismatic seabirds that inhabit them.