Movetech brings together expertise from BTO and three academic partners (University of East Anglia, University of Lisbon and InBIO Research Network) to provide cutting-edge tracking devices for scientific research projects.
Our tags have been used successfully on a wide variety of bird species ranging from raptors, storks, gannets, boobies, frigatebirds, bustards and gulls. Find out more information.
Movetech tag features
- High-precision GPS fixes & transmission via the mobile internet
- High efficiency & low-light solar charging
- 6 months data transmission included (global)
- Data delivered to Movebank
- Network agnostic SIMs - they work worldwide!
- Settings updateable via GPRS or SMS
- No external antennae
- GPS logging intervals from 1 second to 48 hour
- Inbuilt accelerometer
- Memory capable of storing over 60,000 records
- Weight from 18g upwards
- Lighter tags (10g) are in development
- Operational temperature from -20 to +70 °C
- Built by experts in bird tracking