Improve your wetland bird identification skills and learn about the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) on this one-day course for relative beginners and improvers. With a focus on waterfowl and waders, discover more about wetland birds at this fabulous location for a range of waterbirds. Expect a combination of indoor sessions covering the basics of bird identification and outdoor sessions to build your confidence in the field.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the birds you can expect to see in UK wetlands.
- Identification pointers for a range of common wetland birds.
- Specific guidance on distinguishing between similar-looking waders and waterfowl.
- An introduction to the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) and how it works.
- Opportunity to practice your identification skills in the field.
This 1-day course costs £60. The price includes teaching, course materials, entry fees and refreshments during the day. Please bring a packed lunch.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.