£5. This event has been subsidised in order to encourage greater participation in bird monitoring within the Seven Lochs Wetland Park.
Booking contact details: anne.cotton [at] bto.org – 01786 458021
Improve your wetland bird identification skills and learn waterbird monitoring techniques, and find out how to use them in the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) and BirdTrack. The day will combine some indoor sessions and the chance to put this into practice whilst birdwatching within the Seven Lochs Wetland Park. The outdoor elements will be tailored according to the weather on the day.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided but please bring a packed lunch.
The course aims to provide participants with the following:
- Guidance on identifying commoner waders and ducks by sight
- Tips on how to distinguish the common species from some of the scarcer species
- An overview of WeBS and how to get involved
- An introduction to BirdTrack and how it can be used to record observations from day-to-day birdwatching
- Opportunities to practice ID skills and undertake a mock WeBS count within the Seven Lochs Wetland Park.