At BTO Scotland we can also offer a range of high quality and strictly impartial ecological consultancy services, subject to staff availability. We can offer extensive experience in:
- the design and implementation of bespoke bird surveys to answer applied questions, including those relating to human developments both onshore and offshore;
- the design of survey work for a wide range of Scottish habitats, species and applied conservation issues;
- experienced field staff available to carry out surveys;
- efficient and rigorous processes in place to take on additional high quality contract field staff if required for consultancy work;
- objective and independent scientific advice, critique and reviewing;
- ecological analytical and modelling expertise;
- experience in policy-driven projects that involve active stakeholder engagement and consultation;
- particular interests and expertise in cross-cutting research related to renewable energy, both marine and onshore.
We provide Scottish expertise as part of the BTO Marine and Wetland Team in relation to work on seabirds and marine renewables, and are actively engaged with the Scottish Windfarm Bird Steering Group. We can also draw on the collective expertise of our colleagues across the organisation (see Research Services).