BTO Spring Raffle 2022
Thank you for supporting our important work and playing the BTO Spring Raffle
Thank you so much to everyone that played our Spring Raffle. The prize draw has now taken place and our winning ticket numbers are as follows:
1st place: 231415
2nd place: 46172
3rd place: 344278, 2080778, 206912, 231965 and 2022080
We are now contacting the lucky winners and their names will be added shortly.
This year our lucky winners won one of seven prizes.
- First prize: A professionally-guided birdwatching break for two in southern Portugal with Birding in Portugal
- Second prize: £750 in cash
- Five runner-up prizes: £100 Gardman goodie bag of wild bird products. Find out more about the fantastic Gardman range.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- Winners will be notified by email, telephone or letter and a list of winning numbers is provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserves the right to publish the names of winners. Winners may be asked to take part in reasonable post-event publicity.
- The First Prize of a birdwatching break for two with Birding in Portugal is valid until 30 November 2022. In the event of either the UK or Portuguese governments initiating a travel ban that prevents the winner from redeeming their prize, the validity will be extended to reflect this.
- Tickets are not to be sold to or by any person under 16 years of age. Any person found to be under 16 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- The Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
- No ticket is to be sold by or to any person in the street.
Complaints will be handled in line with the complaints procedure found in the terms and conditions. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
Based upon our projections the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 7,143.
All profits from the Spring Raffle go to British Trust for Ornithology. Details of the work of BTO can be found on the charity’s website www.bto.org. We expect that from the proceeds of all ticket sales of the Spring Raffle, 50% will be spent on expenses (including prizes) and a fantastic 50% will be available to fund our important work.
Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Reference number 27661.
The Spring Raffle Draw was conducted on 28 March 2022. The draw was conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house. The results of the draw are final. Read the full terms and conditions for the raffle. Promoter: Ieuan Evans, BTO, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 2PU.
Responsible Gambling: Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you feel that you have a problem with gambling, please visit the BeGambleAware website for help and advice or contact The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Read our website terms and conditions, which include additional policies relating to purchases.
We accept the following credit and debit cards for orders:
Urban Birds and Urban Planning
Towns and cities present many unique challenges to birds. BTO monitoring and research address key questions about human-wildlife interaction in urban areas.
Dragons and damsels
You can submit your dragonfly and damselfly sightings to BTO via BirdTrack or Garden BirdWatch. Find out why these records are so important in Rob Jaques' blog.