BTO Spring Raffle 2020
Our early Spring Raffle provides you with an opportunity to support our work on Short-eared Owls, whilst also being in with a chance of winning one of our fabulous prizes!
- First Prize: A professionally-guided birdwatching break for two in southern Portugal with www.birdinginportugal.com
- Second Prize: £750 cash
- Third Prize: Five sets of £100 Haith's super-clean bird food vouchers to help Britain's beautiful wild birds thrive this winter from www.haiths.com
The raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) and you must be over 16 to play.
Early Bird Draw
In addition to the main prizes, if you play online in the first two weeks, you will be entered into our Early Bird Draw and five lucky winners can each win £50! Play now to be entered before the early bird deadline of Thursday 6 February 2020.
Entries are £1 each. The closing date is 26 March 2020. Late entries will be treated as a donation.
Unlike in previous years, we will not be producing or mailing paper tickets to supporters. If you would like to support the raffle and be entered in the draw, please enter online.
You support will help our pioneering tracking work to gather data to better understand Short-eared Owls and hopes to provide guidance towards securing a future for Short-eared Owls and the environments they inhabit. Read more about this work.
More about the prizes
First Prize – A professionally-guided birdwatching break for two in southern Portugal with www.birdinginportugal.com
A fantastic prize with great birding in great company. The Quinta was so beautiful and peaceful and Frank and Daniella did us proud. We hope to go back one day.2019 raffle first prize winner
Back for a second year, this prize was really well received last year, and we are delighted that Birding in Portugal are generous enough to offer it again.
There will be plenty of opportunities to watch and photograph birds with the help of experienced guides from Birding in Portugal, which has been leading small groups of birders and nature-lovers throughout southern Portugal for over thirty years now. If you would like to visit a variety of wildlife-rich locations to see species such as Great and Little Bustard, Black-winged Kite, Iberian Magpie, Western Swamphen and Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin, this could be your chance.
Birding in Portugal is offering a special birdwatching break for two people over four days, including flights, transfers, accommodation, breakfast and dinner, plus one and a half days of expertly guided birding. The lucky winners can book their stay from April to October subject to availability.
Birding in Portugal trips are usually based at the aptly-named www.paradiseinportugal.com which is a small Quinta in a stunning and secluded lakeside location in the hills of the southern Alentejo, a few miles north of the Algarve. You can enjoy great food and service in beautiful and tranquil surroundings overlooking terraced gardens in a unique eco-experience as the Quinta is completely off-grid – though you’d never know it.
The Quinta is under an hour’s drive from the Atlantic coast, so if you would like to explore further, you could arrange to hire a car from the airport or use taxis from the local village. Faro airport is about one and a half hours away by car and Lisbon two and a half. Depending on availability you may also be able to extend your stay – and most guests do!
Thank you to Frank and Daniela McClintock for offering such a wonderful prize for our raffle this year. Find out more at their website here.
Second Prize - £750 cash to spend how you wish!
Third Prizes - Five sets of £100 Haith's super-clean bird food vouchers to help Britain's beautiful wild birds thrive this winter.
Help support a greater diversity of bird species by selecting from Haith's extensive collection of high-quality bird diets. It's time to open up your garden to a greater variety of birds.
We're delighted that landmark British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) research suggests an array of bird diets presented to the Nation's garden birds (including sunflower hearts, suet, and insectivorous bird foods) are now supporting a greater diversity of birds in Britain's urban spaces. This news backs our suspicions that bird food variety appears to be the spice of urban bird life.
The five lucky winners will have the freedom to select from our entire offering - Britain's broadest collection of high-quality bird food. Visit the website to find out more. You can spend the full voucher in one big spending spree or draw a little down each month to make sure the feeders remain full throughout 2020.
In addition to the voucher, we'll help you identify the best bird food, bird feeders and accessories for your regular garden guests.
Since 1937, bird food variety has remained at the heart of Haith's offering, and each seed blend we produce undergoes one of the toughest workouts in the birdcare industry: our award-winning SuperClean quality control screening.
Visit Haiths Birdfood to find out more.
Thank you for taking part and supporting the work of the BTO.
- The closing date of the raffle is 11.59 pm on 26 March 2020 and the draw will take place on 2 April 2020.
- Players had to be aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the BTO Raffle.
- The Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
- Any person who enters the BTO Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The seven winners will be notified in writing and a list of winning numbers will be provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry was £1.
- There are no cash alternatives to the non-cash prizes and no interest is payable.
- No cancellations or refunds are offered for raffle tickets.
Read our website terms and conditions, which include additional policies relating to purchases.
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you feel you have a problem with gambling please visit GamCare’s website for help and advice at www.gamcare.org.uk, or contact the GamCare National Helpline on 0845 6000 1333. Lines open 8am to midnight.
We accept the following credit and debit cards for orders: