BTO Summer Raffle 2020
Support our Summer Raffle, celebrating 25 years of Garden Birds.
Our Summer Raffle is raising vital funds for our continued work to understand garden birds and their habitats. Thanks to our dedicated BTO Garden BirdWatch participants, who submit records every week, we now have a complete quarter-century of weekly garden bird observations from the length and breadth of the country. Their efforts contribute richly to the BTO’s wider research on urban environments.
This year, our prizes aim to help you observe and care for birds in your garden.
Please note: Our Summer Raffle is now closed and we are delighted to announce that the winning ticket numbers are as follows:
- First Prize Winning Ticket Number: #2002128
- Second Prize Winning Ticket Number: #2082159
- Third Prize Winning Ticket numbers: #2211217, #2246139, #2096577, #2222156 and #2081846
Once again, we would like to say a massive 'thank you' to all of those who participated in our Summer Raffle and have generously supported our continuing work with garden birds and their habitats.
The prizes are:
- First Prize: A pair of Kowa BD II XD 6.5 x 32 Binoculars + a free virtual training course with a BTO expert
- Second Prize: A Kowa TSN-501 Spotting Scope
- Third Prizes: 5 sets of Gardman wild bird goodie bags (worth £100 each)
The raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) and you must be over 16 to play.
Early Bird Draw
Our early bird draw is now closed and one lucky player has already won our Instant Pond Collection from Marshalls, which included a Corinthian bowl, pond plant collection and aquatic compost. Don't worry, there is still time to enter our main draw and win one of our top three prizes!
Entries are £1 each.
Once again the raffle is online only and we have not produced or mailed paper tickets to supporters. All entries will be online. Only debit cards can now be accepted.
Entries to the raffle closed at midnight on September 2 2020. All late entries will be treated as a donation.
Play the raffle and you'll be in with a chance to win a free virtual training course with a BTO expert!
More about the prizes
First Prize – A pair of Kowa BD II XD 6.5 x 32 Binoculars & a free virtual training course with a BTO expert.
Kowa has kindly donated two excellent optics prizes this year for first and second place.
For first prize, one lucky winner will receive this pair of amazingly compact and lightweight Kowa BD II XD 6.5 x 32 wide angle binoculars (worth £359 RRP inc VAT), featuring super sharp XD lenses for an incredibly immersive view of your surrounds. These binoculars deliver close focus performance meaning you can enjoy breathtaking, close-up views of the nature around you, including flowers and insects.
To accompany these binoculars, BTO will also be providing our lucky first prize winner with a virtual training course with a BTO expert to help you expand your knowledge of the birds you'll see through the lenses.
Second Prize: A Kowa TSN-501 Scope
The second prize from Kowa, our second prize winner will receive a TSN-501 Spotting Scope. Enjoy nature in your garden, green spaces, and the great outdoors with this fully multicoated and incredibly compact 50mm spotting scope. Weighing just 400g, this tiny, take-anywhere scope is the ideal companion to always have on hand for those unexpected encounters with nature.
Third Prize: 5 sets of £100 Gardman wild bird goodie bags, including essential wild bird food, feeders and accessories.
Five lucky winners will each win a £100 of Gardman wild bird products. This prize is a bundle of premium wild bird food and accessories which will help you care for your feathered friends year-round. Attract everything from Robins and Wrens to Goldfinches and Blue Tits and keep them coming back to your garden season after season!
Gardman Wild Bird Care is the UK’s number one wild bird care brand, and they’ve been providing market-leading innovation for the wild bird care market for over 27 years. For the past five years, their state-of-the-art facilities have been awarded an ‘A’ Grade by the British Retail Consortium. Their high-quality mixes are created with birds’ health and happiness in mind, so you can be safe in the knowledge you’re doing your bit for our British garden birds.
Thank you for taking part and supporting the work of the BTO.
- The closing date of the raffle is 11.59 pm on 2 September 2020. The draw will take place on 9 September 2020.
- Players have to be aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the BTO Raffle.
- Payment is only by Debit Card. Credit Cards cannot be accpted.
- The Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
- Any person who enters the BTO Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The eight winners will be notified in writing and a list of winning numbers will be provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry is £1.
- There are no cash alternatives to any non-cash prizes and no interest is payable.
- No cancellations or refunds are offered for raffle tickets.
Read our website terms and conditions, which include additional policies relating to purchases.
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you feel you have a problem with gambling please visit GamCare’s website for help and advice at www.gamcare.org.uk, or contact the GamCare National Helpline on 0845 6000 1333. Lines open 8am to midnight.
We accept the following credit and debit cards for orders:
Disease in birds - a masterclass
Disease can have serious implications for our wild bird populations, as Wildife Vets from the Zoological Society of London explain.
What we can learn from 25 years of watching gardens
Exploring the value of a complete quarter-century of weekly garden bird observations from BTO's Garden BirdWatch covering the length and breadth of the country.