BTO-SOC Scottish Birdwatchers' Conference 2021
- Chris Wernham, Ben Darvill
Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 15:00 to Saturday, April 3, 2021 - 15:00
- Places available
In lieu of the usual BTO/SOC spring conference we're holding a virtual event using Zoom. The conference will run over two sessions, Sat 27th March and Sat 3rd April, both 3-5pm. There will also be an an optional mid-week evening quiz.
The speakers and topics are outlined below (official talk titles tbc). We hope you'll agree that it's shaping up to be an excellent event:
- New BTO CEO Prof. Juliet Vickery - how science underpins international conservation
- Prof. Rhys Green - the impact of lead poisoning on birds
- Dr Chris Hewson - migrant tracking research and plans for tagging migrant passerines in Scotland in 2021
- Dr John Bowler - 20 years of birding on Tiree
- Dr Alison MacLennan - Common Scoter conservation in Scotland
- Mark Lewis - patch birding, sound recording and 'nocmig'
The cost to join both sessions is just £5. We really hope that you will be able to join us. Places are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment!
We will be hosting the event using 'Zoom'. This is very easy to use and we will provide full instructions by email prior to the event. To participate you will need:
- broadband of sufficient speed to view live video.
- a computer with sound, or a tablet/smartphone.