Woodland and wetland bird ID (1-day, Hams Hall)
- Ed Drewitt
Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
- Fully booked
Improve your bird identification by sight and sound and learn how you can put your skills to good use
Improve your woodland and wetland bird identification skills on this one-day course for relative beginners and improvers. Expect a combination of indoor sessions covering the basics of bird identification and outdoor sessions to build your confidence in the field.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the common birds you can find in UK woodlands and wetlands.
- Identification tips for a range of common birds, by sight and sound.
- Specific guidance on distinguishing between similar-looking species.
- A brief introduction to the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) and BirdTrack.
- Opportunity to practice your identification skills in the field.
This 1-day course costs £60. The price includes teaching, course materials, entry fees and refreshments during the day. Please bring a packed lunch.
This course is now fully booked but if you want to be added to a waiting list, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.