Woodland and wetland bird ID (1-day, NWT Hauxley)
- Scott Paterson
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
- Places available
Develop your bird identification by sight and sound and learn how you can put your skills to good use
NWT Hauxley is a wonderful location to build up your bird identification skills. Join Scott to learn the basics of bird ID through a range of activities both in the classroom, and in the wetland and fringing reedbed and woodland habitat. This course is targeted at people with little or no previous birdwatching experience.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the common birds you can find in UK woodlands and wetlands.
- Identification tips for a range of common birds, by sight and sound.
- Specific guidance on distinguishing between similar-looking species.
- A brief introduction to the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) and BirdTrack.
- Opportunity to practice your identification skills in the field.
This 1-day course costs £60. The price includes teaching, course materials, entry fees and refreshments during the day. Please bring a packed lunch.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.