Wetland bird ID and WeBS (1-day – GWT Magor Marsh)
- Ed Drewitt
Thursday, April 25, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
- Fully booked
Improve your wetland bird identification skills and discover the Wetland Bird Survey
Improve your wetland bird identification skills and learn about the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) on this one-day course for relative beginners and improvers. With a focus on waterfowl and waders, discover more about our wetland birds at this excellent site for wetland birds. Expect a combination of indoor sessions covering the basics of bird identification and outdoor sessions to build your confidence in the field.
This course aims to provide you with the following:
- An overview of the birds you can expect to see in UK wetlands.
- Identification pointers for a range of common wetland birds.
- Specific guidance on distinguishing between similar-looking waders and waterfowl.
- An introduction to the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) and how it works.
- Opportunity to practice your identification skills in the field.
This 1-day course costs £60. The price includes teaching, course materials, entry fees and refreshments during the day. Please bring a packed lunch.
Online booking is available for this event but if you have any queries about booking a place, please email Anne.Cotton [at] bto.org or ring 01786 458021.