Data and Administration Officer
- Office administration (including vehicles and computers)
- Conference organization and booking
- Training Course Booking
- Volunteer engagement and training
BSc (Hons) St Andrews 1974
- Help maintain an up-to-date list of staff publications for the website.
- Maintain volunteer databases for selected surveys, for example, the Hen Harrier Winter Roost Survey
- Assist research staff in report compilation, GIS plotting, literature searching, etc.
- Assist the BTO training program, taking courses in bird identification and survey participation (WeBS, BirdTrack, BBS) for volunteers
I have been interested in birds since childhood and it has developed into a passion over the years. I spent 30 years in Africa in Zimbabwe where I was active in the local Ornithological society and also did bird identification courses in the Zambezi Valley in conjunction with the Zimbabwe Hunters’ Association’s educational program.
I am also a keen bird photographer and have recently qualified as a ringer. I take part in several BTO surveys, WeBS, BBS and BirdTrack.
Roos, S.R., Dobson, A., Noble, D., Haworth, P. Fielding, A., Carrington-Cotton, A., Etheridge, B. & Wernham, C. In press. Raptors in Scotland – Developing trends and indicators. SNH Commissioned Report.
Humphreys, E.M., Carrington-Cotton, A. & Wernham, C.V. 2010. A Review of an Exploratory Trial of Two Management Practices Designed to Reduce Sparrowhawk Attacks on Racing Pigeons at Pigeon Lofts. Report to the Scottish Government.
Wernham, C., Riley, H., Calladine, J., Carrington-Cotton, A., Etheridge, E. & Roos, S. 2009. Reviewing the first five years of data for the Scottish Raptor Monitoring Scheme (2003 – 2007), analysing for trends and preparing the 2007 report. BTO report to the Scottish Raptor Monitoring Group.
email: anne.cotton [at] bto.org
School of Biological & Environmental Sciences
Cottrell Building, University of Stirling
Stirling FK9 4LA
Telephone: 01786 466 560
Fax: 01786 566 561