BTO Raffle 2014/15
Our Winter Raffle is now closed and the draw took place on 16 February. Winners are currently being informed.
The winning ticket numbers are:
1st Prize: 302775
2nd Prize: 284344
3rd Prize: 27371, 156447, 6009122, 6001324, 6002778
Well done to our winners!:
1st Prize: A BTO Member in Cornwall
2nd Prize: A Garden BirdWatcher in Surey
3rd Prize: Mr Smillie of West Lothian, Mr. Temple of Surrey, Miss Puttick of Norfolk, Mr Mahoney of Essex and a Garden BirdWatcher in Nottinghamshire.
Over £32,500 has been raised through ticket sales and donations which will help BTO to carry out sound science to inform conservation.
Garden BirdWatchers and Members will also receive paper tickets with the winter issue of their member magazines Bird Table and BTO News respectively. If you would prefer to play by post, please email fundraising [at] bto [dot] org to request raffle tickets.
Players must be over 16 and live in England, Scotland or Wales.
You could be in with a chance to win the following prizes:
1st Prize: A birdwatching week for two in Spain with Extremadura Birding
2nd Prize: A birdwatching weekend for two in Scotland at Ducks at Kilspindie in East Lothian
5 x 3rd Prize: Gardenature Nestbox and Feeder camera kits
The deadline is 9 February and the draw will take place on 16 February. Scroll down for further information on prizes and for the full rules.
Full information on the prizes
First Prize: A birdwatching week for two in Spain with Extremadura Birding
Extremadura Birding was set up by a lifelong birdwatcher and BTO member to offer superb bird-watching opportunities throughout the year in western Spain. The tour is led by skilled guides to provide a personal birding experience for small groups of up to 6 people.
The winners will enjoy an 8-day stay with 6 full days in the field, staying in hotel or casa rural ensuite twin rooms, full board with picnic or restaurant lunches.
The prize includes flights to Madrid and transfers to/from the airport.
Extremadura is a vast, sparsely populated area with great habitat diversity and is located on one of the major European migration routes. It contains the highest concentration of designated Important Bird Areas (IBA) in Europe and a wide range of species may be observed at different seasons. Birds of the region include Great Bustard, Little Bustard, Black-shouldered Kite and Roller. There is also a wonderful range of butterflies, reptiles and mammals.
Thank you very much to Extremadura for donating this prize.
Second Prize : A birdwatching weekend for two at Ducks at Kilspindie in East Lothian
This 2-day break at Ducks at Kilspindie is for 2 people, including two nights bed and breakfast, and dinner from Ducks Restaurant a la carte menu on one of the evenings.
The trip will be tailored to suit you. We organise guided walks and birdwatching events and offer delicious food partnered with extremely comfortable lodgings in Aberlady; one of Scotland’s and Britain’s finest birding sites and home to The Scottish Ornithological Club.
In October thousands of pink-footed geese return to roost and it's a great place to view ducks and waders like golden plover and sanderling. At Ducks at Kilspindie House we offer:
- Bespoke birdwatching packages
- Packed lunches available on request
- 8 seater mini bus available for transport
Terms and conditions:
Drinks are not included. Dinner for two at Ducks Restaurant included for one night during your stay, either the 6.30pm or 8pm sitting. Subject to availability
Thanks to Ducks for kindly donating this prize
Third Prize x 5 : A Gardenature Nestbox and Feeder camera kit (worth £110 each)
Thanks to Gardenature for kindly donating this prize.
Thank you for taking part and supporting the work of the BTO.
- The closing date of the raffle is 9 February 2015 and the draw will take place on 16 February 2015.
- Applications must be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the BTO Raffle.
- Any person who has entered BTO Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by BTO including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
- The five winners will be notified by email, telephone or letter and a list of winning numbers provided on our website at www.bto.org/raffle.
- BTO reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry is £1.
- There are no cash alternatives to the prizes and no interest is payable.
- Tickets may not be sold in the street.
- The contractual terms of the lottery and complaints procedure will be made available to participants on request and are also available here: