Many companies are already making an important contribution to biodiversity by supporting the work of the BTO through our Corporate Membership Scheme or through corporate partnership.
BTO working with EDF Energy to see 'What's Under Your Feet'
BTO is delighted to announce a new collaboration with EDF Energy, the UK’s largest provider of low carbon energy, to inspire a new generation of scientists. Over the next school year we will be inviting over 20,000 schools who are members of EDF Energy's award winning education programme, the Pod, to find out how climate change, specifically drought, is affecting the abundance of birds across the UK.
By working with us you could:
- Align your company with a highly respected and trusted conservation science organisation and achieve your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Support vital research which gets to the heart of conservation issues of national and global concern and be informed of the latest research and challenges.
- Show your company’s commitment to its environmental responsibilities through the use of the BTO Corporate Membership Logo.
- Support specific projects relevant to your business.
- Share your commitment and involvement with more than 50,000 known individual supporters, to a broad range of professional partners and with our growing audience following BTO work through social media.
How we work with businesses
We work with businessess in a number of ways including;
- Undertaking monitoring of birds at business sites to inform habitat management.
- Designing and developing mobile and online systems for monitoring wildlife.
- Testing new equipment, like optics and outdoor clothing.
- Providing business with the tools to be a champion for our satellite tagging projects including Cuckoos.
- Helping business meet their aims of delivering research vital to informing conservation.
What our Members say
NatureGuides is proud to support the British Trust for Ornithology. In addition to publishing a variety of natural history field guide apps, we provide engaging multimedia for use in the BTO's internal and external communications.
"We at Verm-X are delighted to be supporting the BTO through Corporate Membership. The work of BTO is important as much of the research they do highlights problems that we would otherwise only find out about when it was too late. Here at Verm-X we are dedicated to making a difference naturally and so supporting like-minded companies is vital."
“Thetford Garden Centre is an independent business which has been established in Thetford for over 30 years. We have eight departments bursting with choice and a Coffee Shop serving fresh local produce, all on eight acres of Norfolk parkland. We are keen to support wildlife and we are also proud of our Thetford heritage – supporting the BTO is a perfect opportunity for us to invest in both.”