Many companies are already making an important contribution to biodiversity by supporting the work of the BTO through our Corporate Membership Scheme or through corporate partnership.
By working with us you could:
- Align your company with a highly respected and trusted conservation science organisation and achieve your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
- Support vital research which gets to the heart of conservation issues of national and global concern and be informed of the latest research and challenges.
- Show your company’s commitment to its environmental responsibilities through the use of the BTO Corporate Membership Logo.
- Support specific projects relevant to your business.
- Share your commitment and involvement with more than 50,000 known individual supporters, to a broad range of professional partners and with our growing audience following BTO work through social media.
How we work with businesses
We work with businessess in a number of ways including;
- Undertaking monitoring of birds at business sites to inform habitat management.
- Designing and developing mobile and online systems for monitoring wildlife.
- Testing new equipment, like optics and outdoor clothing.
- Providing business with the tools to be a champion for our satellite tagging projects including Cuckoos.
- Helping business meet their aims of delivering research vital to informing conservation.
Case Study: Anglian Water and Nightingales
Anglian Water has been working with the BTO to research why Nightingales have declined by a staggering 90% in the UK in the last 40 years and to share the effective habitat management practices developed on Anglian Water sites. To date we have collaborated on two surveys of breeding Nightingales and in 2012-13 we tracked 20 birds to the far west of Africa, around Senegambia, to learn about the wintering grounds of these iconic birds and what factors may impact on their survival. We intend to develop further tracking work to tell us more about the migration of Nightingales and the habitat they need to inform their conservation and protection.
What our Members say
“At Tendley Quarries we are proud of our commitment to conservation and biodiversity. We have worked for a number of years with the BTO at a local level providing opportunities for ringing and monitoring of our bird populations. Corporate Membership provides us with an opportunity to support the wider work of the BTO.”
"BirdGuides is proud to help support the work of the British Trust for Ornithology. We are delighted to share our sightings with the BTO to help conservation."
“Thetford Garden Centre is an independent business which has been established in Thetford for over 30 years. We have eight departments bursting with choice and a Coffee Shop serving fresh local produce, all on eight acres of Norfolk parkland. We are keen to support wildlife and we are also proud of our Thetford heritage – supporting the BTO is a perfect opportunity for us to invest in both.”
Support the BTO and show your commitment to birds by becoming a BTO Corporate Member or partner.